Responsive web design is a
trend necessity whereby websites are designed to respond to the screen size its on, so it is optimally displayed, as seen in the image below.
Right now, you are reading on a responsive website, if you’re on a mobile you’ll notice you don’t have to scroll left or right.
If you are on a desktop or laptop try re-sizing the browser window and watch how the site responds to the size. magic right?
We’ve all been on our mobiles on a site, scrolling left and right, pinching in and out trying to read a paragraph, we end up getting frustrated and leave; and so are your customers.
Why Responsive Web Design Is Important
- Mobile users will surpass desktop users before the end of 2014.
- 85% of adults think a company’s website should be as good or better than their desktop site.
- Mobile traffic now accounts for 16% of all web traffic
- 41% of smartphone owners have made a purchase from their mobile phones.
- 93% of UK internet users use a smartphone to access the internet every day.
- 61% of people who used their mobile device to visit a website that was not optmised for mobile visited the website of a competitor.
- Improves User Experience, SEO, page load times and supports wider range of browsers.
Is your website responsive? If not, why not? Contact Heart IT and discuss your options.